Monday, September 5, 2016

Oatmeal Apple Muffins #secretrecipeclub


It's September. Can you tell I am excited? Not only are we one step closer to Fall but my birthday is only 5 days away.  We are going to have some big celebrations next weekend.  Heck we may even start early if I have any say.  


It being the beginning of the month and all means it is time for another rendition of the Secret Recipe club. This month for the Secret Recipe Club I had BCMom's Kitchen.  I think we were made to paired together.  She looks for good recipes that are EASY. Making meals that can be done ahead of time and then quick to throw together before dinner.  I love after most recipes that she has a little note about what worked, what didn't and how to modify for next time. 


Since it was September I was all about the apples.  I did a quick hunt for apples recipes. There were a ton.  I was all about this Apple Crunch recipe because it looks delicious and it was from her favorite cookbook. And then there was this cinnamon apple dutch baby.  I finally ended up with these oatmeal apple muffins.  We needed something to have on hand for a quick snack and breakfast.  The muffins were perfect, with not too much sugar and made with whole wheat flour, I didn't hold back in giving them to Miss O.  They were delicious and moist. Now I am all excited for the many more apple recipes I am going to make this Fall. 





Oatmeal Apple Muffins

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast apple cinnamon oatmeal
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
Instructions
Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Set aside.

In a small bowl, beat together egg, milk, oil and sugar.

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.

Fold egg mixture into dry mixture, just to moisten.

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350°
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Nice choice for your assignment, muffins are always a big hit, and these are great flavors!

    Have a great Reveal MOnday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely amazing and perfect for fall! GReat pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite muffins! I make them a lot and take them with me when I'm away from home. They're just the perfect thing when I'm hungry and need a little something.

    Do try that Apple Crunch. It's yummy and so easy! Now you've got me thinking about all the things I want to make with apples...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so good and perfect for apple season! Fantastic muffin tops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great, I love a good muffin. Apples and cranberries go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well rounded muffin -- healthy AND delicious! Wonderful SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a breakfast on the go ... wish you a Happy b'day. I hope you have a fantastic birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, the content interesting , there is a lot of information that I can get.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...