Friday, August 12, 2016

Frozen Hot Chocolate


The dog days of summer are here. It is hot and humid.  The weather has been like this for a few days now and the forecast is to continue through next week.  Yuck!  We don't have A/C and all I want to do is seat under a fan and not move.  Life doesn't really allow for this; life with a toddler certainly doesn't.  If I can convince Miss O to stay near me under the fan it is normally because she is on top of me.  A hot little baby on your lap does not help. 


Typically I can have hot chocolate year round. I love the stuff. It is my special little treat without being too indulgent.  Even in the summer I probably have a mug once a week.  Well this week the heat has won and I couldn't image drinking anything room temperature let along hot.  Good thing there is a such a thing as frozen hot chocolate. 


I whipped this up the other afternoon when I happened to have the house to myself.  I drank and drank and drank and sat under the fan. Now if only this could continue each day even after the heat let's up. 

Now if you are looking for hot chocolate this is not it.  It is more liked a whipped frozen chocolate drink. Certainly good but not quite hot chocolate.  The whipped cream and chocolate toppings make it extra special.

Frozen Hot Chocolate


by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender dessert beverage chocolate
Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 3 cups ice
  • Whipped cream
  • Shavings from a semisweet chocolate bar or mini chocolate chips.
Instructions
Combine the sugar, dry milk powder, cocoas, and salt in a small bowl.

Pour the milk into a blender. Add the dry mixture and ice. Blend until all the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.

Pour into a large goblet or two 16-ounce glasses. Top the drink with whipped cream and shavings from a semisweet chocolate bar.

Pour into two cups and top with whipped cram and chocolate shavings.
Powered by Recipage

2 comments:

  1. If I didn't have AC, I'd be drinking these ALL day long! But since I do, once a day should suffice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. content you create is quite interesting and informative . hopefully remain consistent and the better again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...