Monday, August 8, 2016

Creamy Banana Cinnamon Popsicles


I have the Monday blues and am not looking forward to work. This weekend was so wonderful.  We didn't do anything extraordinary.  Our biggest event was getting pizza Saturday night unexpectedly.  Sometimes though it is just the little things that make the best weekend.  Also, I was gone all last week. Just being home made me feel much better. 

I do have a lot to do at work though. My to do list is already and I am raring to go get it done.  As much as I would to stay home and do nothing I am still ambitious for work.  Does that ever happen to you?


During one of Olivia's naps this weekend I whipped up these banana popsicles.  I haven't made nearly as many Popsicles as I had planned this summer. These are only my second attempt.  They were clear winners though.  Olivia has been teething.  Teeth pains along with it being hot seemed like the perfect combination of circumstances to get some Popsicles ready.


These popsicles came together in under 10 minutes and use pretty standard ingredients.  We already went through four.  As you can from the picture above, we had a stick issues with one of the Popsicles.  Mr. J had to pry the lid off because one of the sticks had gone crooked. He manged it off with no hard to any of the Popsicles.


Creamy Banana Cinnamon Popsicles

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: at least 3 hour freeze time
Keywords: blender breakfast banana cinnamon ice-cream
Ingredients (7 popsicles depending on mold)
  • 2 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ cup plain yogurt
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
Place bananas, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until bananas are soft, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Place banana mixture in blender along with yogurt, milk, and vanilla. Process until smooth, about a minute.

Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze at least a 3 hours or until frozen solid.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...