Thursday, October 9, 2014

Baby Update: Week 19



I have wanted to make a post of thoughts since even before the announcement went out but my head is  literally all over the place.  I can think of a list of things I want to mention and if I don't write it down immediately I will forget.

Being pregnant is different than anything I have ever experienced or expected. Let's just say it is not like in the movies where a woman finds out she is pregnant. She grows a beautiful belly and in about five minutes she is at home caring for her lovely baby. Not that I expected exactly that but seriously...not even close. 

I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER and I am not even halfway there. Dear lord!  I didn't really get morning sickness. I haven't felt great for the last four months or so but I wasn't never really sick. Just tired.  Always. The most indecisive ever. Completely indifferent about food.  Uncomfortable. 

I am a doer and not having the ambitious to do anything for hours, days, weeks and at this point months is just weird.  

Given that I haven't been sick I feel lucky. Given that we just had the anatomy ultrasound and our little baby has 2 feet, 2 hands, a heart and brain I feel incredibly lucky.  

My clothes just started to not fit. I put on the one pair of pants I thought I could wear on Monday only to dread that decision by 3 pm.  If only sweatpants, yoga pants, and sweatshirts were acceptable for all occasions.  I have a dress and one pair of non-maternity pants with an elastic waist that I wear to every single business meeting. My office is pretty causal so maternity jeans are totally OK.  I have a few more skirts and dresses I will wear as long as it doesn't get too cold. 

I haven't had food cravings or aversions. Anything I didn't like before I still don't like. I still eat anything I used to eat if it isn't banned. Do you know the restrictions for pregnancy now?  Pretty much everything.  Not that it is that big of deal.  Like I said, I am more indifferent about food than anything. No energy to make dinner grilled cheese, cereal simple things are the most appealing. Of course if you want to bring me a salad or anything else I will eat it...as long as I don't have to do the dishes too. 

I still go to the gym most days.  I try to walk 60 minutes each day. It ranges though from 30-60 minutes and my speed has gone from a 4.0 on the treadmill to 3.8.  I always walked fast.  Mr. J says I am slow now but that my slow is really normally speed for most people. I guess that should make me feel better.

The main project right now is getting the nursery in shape.  The baby room is the room we haven't touched since we moved in a little more than a year ago.  We have some projects to tackle in the next few weeks and I am hopeful that by the end of the month it will be in a spot where I can actually picture a baby. 

So that's it for now...I haven't decided how often I will being doing these updates.  But hopefully you won't mind of few posts about the baby here and there.  

4 comments:

  1. awwwww baby stuff is so exciting! Sorry you're tuckered out though-I bet I'll be the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I remember that tired feeling! How wonderful to see an ultrasound of your perfect baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing way more than I did when I was pregnant... I don't remember walking 60 minutes every day. I was lucky and borrowed a lot of my sister's maternity clothes... it's a great time when you want everyone to see your big belly. Unlike now (years after the baby is born) and I try to get everyone NOT to look at it. Enjoy it. I am so happy you had a wonderful ultrasound and the baby's doing fine. Keep us updated. :) You're half way there.. woohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, get ready for the third trimester and then discomfort becomes even worse! I had to switch to more maternity clothes at the halfway point too though I'm still wearing most of my regular shirts, but I have to ask my husband every morning if it looks too tight, lol. Glad baby is doing well! I do recommend getting as much ready as you can before you get too far into the third tri. I'm struggling more and more with energy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...