Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts

I had a different post planned for today. One that wasn't done but I planned on writing Monday night late after a day nonstop meetings for a work retreat. 

I found out about the Boston bombings through text messages and news feeds.  Boston is near and dear to my heart. The finish line for the marathon is a spot where I visit during any of my frequent trips to Boston. 

I bought my wedding dress in boutique about a block away. I had my job interview my senior year of college that landed me my current job a few blocks away. I have family and friends in the area. 

I am confused and hurt by the monstrosity that exists in this world.  I am humbled by the acts of heroism that emerge after this tragedy. 

Yesterday I contacted love ones. Today I will pause knowing that I am a lucky person in this world for so many reasons.

Prayers and well wishes go out to everyone affected.

 

6 comments:

  1. I've only been to Boston once and loved every minute of it. One great city.

    Your thought are very well spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just horrific when I turned on the TV and saw what happened. My heart goes out everyone there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you yesterday Em. I stayed in Copley Square (at the Fairmont) when I came up to Boston for your wedding, and treated myself to lunch at the restaurant right where the second bomb went off. I loved that area and the whole city when I visited and have been wanting to go back--it really just gave me creepy sick feeling of dread seeing something so horrible happen in a place I've been, and had associated with such good memories.
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just unfathomable that this happened...again. Boston is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...