Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIAW on vacation...almost


Mr. J and I left for vacation on Monday.  The state of our apartment was a mess.  Christmas present buying, cleaning, packing, laundry.  So much needed to get done in a very little bit of time.  Somehow we managed to get out and make our flight without me freaking out too bad.


Breakfast was the best meal of the day. I should just have three breakfasts each day. Due to being in Maine for Thanksgiving and then leaving there was very limited food options.  I had frozen bananas blended with coconut milk, topped with granola.  Coffee.  Best. Meal. of the day.


Lunch was a burger from frozen meat patties, bag salad, and fried potatoes.   All of this was courtsey of Mr. J.  Dishes and all. I think he was buttering me up for unlimited spending on vacation.


Dessert was chocolates.  Always love a sweet treat to finish a meal. My mom gave us this little sample from Godiva at Thanksgiving. I had the dark chocolate, Mr. J had the milk.


I had packed all sorts of snacks to avoid airport food at all costs. For the most part it is disgusting and very expensive.  I have to eat it enough for work, on vacation it is not something I look forward to.  Once at the airport though all plans fell away and we ended up with some appetizers at a pub.


Do you pack snacks when traveling?

What is your favorite travel snack?

7 comments:

  1. I love that Godiva pack-I've had it quite a few times.

    Also-your breakfast sounds like it was AMAZINGG! You def. shouldve just had that three times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks delicious. It looks like my kinda breakie.

    Chocolates look good too. I love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your meals look delicious, especially your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salty snacks... followed by a sweet snack. I need to balance it or I feel a craving for one or the other. :) My hubby would love your burger lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I pack snacks when I travel because you never know when hunger strikes. :) When I'm on roadtrips I love stopping at Subway. My favorite travel snacks are mixed nuts, fruit (apples..) and protein bars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually pack a few pieces of fruit when we travel...but a little bag of granola sounds like a yummy idea (your breakfast has inspired me :))!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...