Monday, May 16, 2011

Two ways to enjoy Reese's pieces

Sometimes I can be very indecisive.  I feel like the spring weather shifting from cold to warm and back again is starting to have a very negative impact on my brain.  For example, the dessert of choice right now is switching back and forth between ice cream and cookies faster than I can say "I want dessert".  Good things some of the sweet things in our household are easily convertible to whatever dessert I am craving.  San Francisco was full of decadence.  Lots of wine, lots of rich food, lots of sweet desserts. 


One of our first nights back we were suffering from significant withdrawal.  From what you ask?  I am not really sure.  It could have been a number of things, sugar, alcohol, relaxation, sunshine.  We were walking around a dreary haze.  To help in our recovery transition back to real life I decided some post vacation sundaes were in order.


Mr. J opted for leftover Easter M&Ms and Reese's pieces.  


I had some Reese's pieces and PB sauce (melted PB that didn't work so well as sauce but sure tasted good).

Let me just say this was some good medicine.  We woke up the next morning much happier!

We opened the movie theater style box of Reese's pieces for the sundaes but didn't use them all up.  At times I felt like they were screaming my name from the candy drawer.  Now, I told you last week that my boss was moving this past weekend, plus he is getting married at the end of the month.  Although he didn't want anything I really wanted to do SOMETHING.  Giving food GIVES me lots and lots of pleasure.  I love to feed people.  Plus my boss doesn't eat all the much.  His philosophy is that if you are busy enough you just don't think about food and it is easy to go ALL day withOUT eating.  I cannot fathom this as you know I think of food all day long.  Regardless of how busy I am I WILL eat.  Anyway, cookies would be the perfect snack for a move don't you think...

So I made the compost cookies again with pretzels and the leftover Reese's pieces.  






So good!


These were better than the first batch I think.  And I am super proud to only eat one a day if that.  My self-restraint is inspiring!


Get recipe here!  I used 1C pretzels, 3/4 C Reese's pieces and 1/2C chocolate chunks for these babies.

I am pretty sure, it being Monday and all, that you will want to make some yourself!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE melting pb and drizzling it on ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    You have some for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have a serious Reese's craving now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...