Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sunday night dinner: Garlic Mashed Potatoes

It's Tuesday and I am still stuck on the weekend. 


It was my turn to go away this week.  (I am currently in Michigan.)

Mr. J and I always try to have a good meal on Sunday as the culmination of the weekend.  As you can see from the photo above we are big meat, starch, and veggie meals.  Mr. J loves potatoes so normally Sunday is a potato dish.  This weekend we wanted to jazz up the potatoes a bit. Being garlic lovers it was an easy decision.

Boil potatoes as normal.



Chop lots of garlic.  


I mean lots.


Saute with butter.  Add garlic mixture to potatoes when mashing with milk.


Perfect way to prepare for the next week.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you need a "garlic zoom"!! It single handedly has made me cook more.

    http://www.amazon.com/Chefn-Rolling-Chopper-Arugula-Meringue/dp/B003KRR0K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302637546&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic Mash is a comforting favorite of mine! How can you fail with potatoes, cream, and butter?! You can't! The garlic just makes it all the better...and the next day you can add a little flour and egg and fry up some potato pancakes for breakfast...nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sunday dinner because I adooooore garlic mash ... it's so tasty and satisfying. And comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mashed potatoes, but I have never used those particular potatoes before. It looks really good, so I think I'll give them a try! Plus, all that garlic, it's got to be good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...