Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl feast

It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!  I am not a huge fan of football. If I were to vote for a team I suppose I should vote for the Patriots being from Maine and all.  I will say though that even when the Patriots are in the Super Bowl I have trouble paying attention.  The commercials don't even really do it for me.  The snacks though have always been my thing.  This year the Patriots weren't even close to getting to the main event.  Jordan and I had no plans except for the food.

Jordan came up with a list of about 10 different appetizers he would like.  We narrowed it down to two.  We are swimming in sweets right now but for the savory we agreed on Hot Wings and Nachos. 

We took a trip to Whole Foods to go pepper shopping.  Jordan should write  a guest post about peppers as he is the expert.  We ended up with three different varieties.  I just think they are pretty!



Our small plate of nachos turned into a giant pan of spinach, pepper, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and cheese.  I think it was enough for about 10 people.





We also had chicken wings. This is Jordan's specialty and I am not allowed in the kitchen while he does his magic. 



Unlike last time these did not make my mouth numb.  I had two.  Jordan however had a few coughing attacks in the kitchen as he whipped up the hot sauce.


WEEKLY WORKOUT WRAP UP
Monday: 60 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 35 minute cardio blast DVD
Wednesday: walk 10 minutes, run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 8 minutes, walk 10 minutes
Thursday: walk 10 minutes, run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 10 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 10 minutes
Friday: 35 minute elliptical, 30 minute bike
Saturday: 60 minute elliptical, weights 15 minutes
Sunday: walk 10 minutes, run 40 minutes, walk 10 minutes

Finally Jordan insisted that we needed a picture of his MAN PLATE.  He took the picture.  I think it is disgusting.  He always mushes all of his toppings together like that.  Yuck! 


Time to get ready for Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...