Friday, January 28, 2011

Date Night!

 Yummy, gooey cheese!


I don't know about you but this week seemed to last forever.  It was cold and snowy.  I feel like I could write the same post every week.  This winter has been something and I am ready for spring. 

Jordan and I decided we definitely needed a date night.  It is somewhat of a challenge to get us to agree to go out on a week night.  Yes, we are an old couple at heart.  We like to go to bed by 9pm, going out really stretches our limits. 

I had a short run planned so I left work right away and got in my 40 minute workout - walk 10 minutes, run 10 minutes, walk 1 minutes, run 10 minutes and then cool down/stretch. I was home by 6pm to shower up.

We went to Maritime Grille.  It is literally 1 minute down the road.  We had a restaurant.com coupon, it was close, and they tout themselves as being fine purveyors of meat.  Jordan was sold.

I got some French Onion soup to share with Jordan. It was delicious and hit the spot.  I think my comment was I could have two of these and be good to go.  I forgot to take any pictures after the soup.  They feed you lots though.  Bread basket on the table and all entrees come with a big salad, potato/rice and veggie.  We both got steaks.  The food was good and the portions huge - yea for lunch leftovers.  The veggies were a bit soaked with butter - I wasn't a fan.  Overall it was fun to get out and try something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...