Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving!!


The big day is finally here. I always start out the morning helping my mom make the stuffing and getting the bird in the oven. Then comes the Macy's parade. Most of the time I only make it through the first 40 minutes or so before I get bored. I love it but yet I cannot make it through the whole show - way too many commericals I think. Next up is more cooking and maybe a walk in the woods before the feast begins. What are you traditions for Thanksgiving?

A few years ago I made this pumpkin pie for a restaurant I worked for. It turned out to be the best thing ever, I don't even like pumpkin pie. I follow the recipe to a T and it is perfect!

The best pumpkin pie you ever ate...

Pumpkin pie
From Baking Illustrated

Ingredients
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup cream
2/3 cup milk
4 eggs

1 premade pie crust










1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix the pumpking, sugar, spices, and salt until well combined. Transfer mixture to saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. Cook about 5 minutes stirring constantly until thick and shiny.

3. Whisk in cream and milk into pumpkin mixture. Bring to a slow simmer. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well mixed. Put a small portion of the pumpkin mixture into the eggs and stir. Pour the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture and whisk thoroughly until well combined.

4. Pour warm filling into pie crust. Bake until the pie filling is puffed and dry-looking. The center will wiggle like gelatin. Time will be able 25 minutes.

5. Top with whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...