Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome to Paradise

Our honeymoon started with a bottle of champagne on the plane.



This will explain why I can say we definitely binge ate in Costa Rica. The food was every where and really really good!
I am trying to speed through these as fast as possible because it this point the honeymoon seems so long ago. However, I am kind of enjoying thinking about all of the fun we had in Costa Rica. When can we go back? Every place we stayed (only 2) greet us with a pretty fruity cocktail. Clearly Jordan is covering up the pretty part but it sure was good!



Our first night at the Tabacon Hot Springs Resort was at Los Toscanes. We had planned this in advance and knew it was probably going to be the best meal the whole trip. I figured we might as well jump right into the fun.
We started off with the house special of passion fruit margarita's. I write more about passion fruit soon. It is quite a strange thing, but the margarita's were awesome. I don't normally like margarita's cause I don't enjoy lemon and lime taste in general. This however was very sweet and unique in flavor and I sucked mine right down.
There was so many things on the menu that we wanted to sample our strategy was to get two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts - split everything. First up was the scallops.


We also got a duo of Tuna. I love how the food was plated, what is more tropical then eating out of a coconut?


At this point Jordan and I knew we were in for a treat. The entrees were beef medallions with cheese polenta and foies gras. Yum, yum, yum. Jordan's favor part was that you could order beef rare and they would actually cook it rare.


The other dish was lamb chops. Again, yum, yum, yum!


Pretty much everywhere we went they knew we were on our honeymoon. It was somewhat bizzarre like we had a big sign on our foreheads. I won't complain though since we scored some pretty good perks because of it.


Our dessert was souffle and custard with berries. They wrote Happy Honeymoon in chocolate. It was so super cute and the first of many fun nights!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...